KCTCS Teaching Consultation Program
- The KCTCS Teaching Consultation Program is a peer consulting program
available to faculty who wish to analyze their teaching behaviors and to
make changes in their teaching. The program uses a systematic approach
to teaching based on the needs of the individual faculty clients.
Faculty members who have been recognized by their colleagues as outstanding
teachers serve as consultants. Prior to becoming a consultant, these
faculty members must participate in an intensive two-day workshop.
The Teaching Consultation Program is....
- structured yet flexible
- behaviorally focused
- based upon data collected from several sources
- independent of performance review
Working with your consultant, you...
- gather information about your teaching through discussion, questionnaires,
observations, and videotaping.
- determine what kinds of changes you wish to make
- design ways you can make these changes most effectively
- evaluate your success with the Teaching Consultation Program in your
Information for Teaching Consultation Program